Accord Social Welfare Club (ASWC) is an inhouse philanthropic committee that collect funds from Accordians and Accord Management. The primary focus of the committee is to support educational needs of needy children in the society.In addition, ASWC team also organize Blood donation camps in office premises with the help of BMST Blood Bank.
Amidst COVID 19 situation, this year ASWC could support different NGOs on their educational initiatives.
1. Domlur Tuition center in association with RashtrothanaParsihat: It’s a free tuition center near by our office specially for the kids resided in Domlur slum. Well trained teachers focus on overall development of students to ensure that they have strong fundamentals and become responsible citizens. Around 45 kids studying in Class 1 – X take benefit of this center.
TAPAS project by RashtrothanaParishat:This include Pre-University (+2) education for meritorious and economically backward students. Hostel, Food, Books, Uniforms are included in this program. Students will be prepared for IIT / CET and other competitive exams. Currently 40 students are in Class – 11 and 35 in Class – 12 are taking benefit of it.
2. Support to Govt Higher Primary school, Ramagondanahalli for the construction of light weight classrooms.
3. PaRanga Vidya Kendra: A school in rural part of Karnataka that primarily focused on girl’s education. ASWC supported for buying textbooks and uniforms of 600 + students studying in this school.In academic year 2019-20, Class X (SSLC) students have secured very good marks in their board exams.
4. SoCare Ind: a compreshive care for children of life convict prisoners. Monetary support is provided to this project from ASWC.
5. Nele by Hindu SevaPratishthana: It is a place for the destitute children such as rag pickers, beggars and orphans. Monetary support is provided to this project from ASWC
Blood donation activity:More than 125Engineers participated in the camp and100 units of blood was collected by BMST Blood Bank. In addition, more than 35% donation was done by ladies of Accord.